Ever worried about what is CIF number? then, we are here to guide you how to find CIF number in SBI online. This CIF number is printed in your State Bank of India savings account passbook as per given details below.
State Bank of India which is one of the greatest banks working in India, the majority of the general population consider State Bank of India or better known as SBI while opening a bank account for them. It is a direct result of the dependability and the features which are offered by State Bank of India to their clients. On the of chance that you are hunting on the web for an article which will help you to discover CIF Number in State Bank of India then here is the correct guide for you.
- 1 What is CIF Number?
- 2 How to Find CIF Number in State Bank of India?
What is CIF Number?
In this State Bank of India guide, I will reveal to you the technique which you have to use for the CIF number of your SBI Bank account. Fundamentally, CIF stands for Customer Information File in which all the data in regards to the record holder and the account is stored. This CIF is regularly updated by State Bank of India to stay up with the latest transactions which occurred in your ledger. There are various advantages of this (customer information file) number yet this number is essential on the off chance that you need to transfer your bank account from one branch to some other branch.
In this guide, I will specify some techniques by which you can discover CIF number in State Bank of India account irrespective of the fact that you are online or offline.
How to Find CIF Number in State Bank of India?
Now let us begin and look at how you can discover CIF number of your bank account.
CIF Number in SBI Bank Passbook?
At first, I want to tell you about the offline strategy to discover CIF number and it is by utilizing your SBI Bank Passbook.
You will get your CIF number specified on the very first page of your bank passbook, you should simply discover your passbook and open the main page of it.
Look above your account number, you will discover your CIF Number specified.
Find SBI Bank CIF Number Online?
You can discover client file number online and it is by utilizing internet banking facility of the bank. You might have already activated internet banking of your account to continue with this technique.
- The first thing you need to do is open the Online SBI site and login to personal banking account.
- Once you effectively sign in, click on the account statement option and then click ‘GO‘ to view or download account statement of the account whose CIF number you are looking for.
3. If you don’t know how you can see account statement in SBI online then you can follow this link to peruse about it.
4. You can discover your CIF Number on the financial Balance enquiry statement.
CIF Number in SBI Cheque Book
Another approach to discovering the CIF number is the cheque book. It is normally imprinted on the main page of the cheque book however it may not necessarily be mentioned in some case.
In case you haven’t received the chequebook mentioning your CIF number then you may visit the branch asking for the same.
Find CIF Number of Central Bank
Ordinarily, Central Bank of India updates this 11-digit, CIF number all the time since it is vital to keep up the record exactness faultlessly. CIF number incorporates data, for example:
- Kind of the account you are holding.
- Details related to the client holding the account in the bank.
- SBI account balance enquiry of current and previous months.
- Current and previous transactions.
This CIF number holds significance since all banks including the Central bank of India pitches items and services to the clients in light of this number. In the event that you need to transfer your account from one branch to other than onto the next, then CIF number is utilized.
Let us now proceed onward to How to discover this CIF number in Central Bank of India:
- If you are holding passbook of your Central Bank of India, then it might have your CIF number printed on it at one of the front pages.
- You may get your CIF number in the event that it is imprinted on the cheque book issued by the bank to you.
- Visit the bank branch and ask for your CIF number.
- You may utilize Central Bank of India net banking portal by signing on the site and then finding the CIF.
These are conceivable four techniques to know CIF number of Central bank of India account.
Get CIF Number by Calling Customer Care
On the off chance that you don’t have time to find your bank passbook or login into your internet banking account then don’t stress; you can even now discover your customer file number without much trouble.
It’s by calling the customer care center of the bank and getting the CIF number from them:
- The initial step is to grab your phone and call SBI customer care on their toll-free number: 1800 425 3800.
- Once you call them, get your call associated to speak with customer care official by choosing choices utilizing IVR.
- Tell them that you need to know your CIF Number; they will ask you a couple of things like your bank account number, name, address and so on for confirmation reason.
- If you answer every one of the inquiries accurately they will tell your CIF number.
There is one other way to know your Customer Information File (CIF) number and that is by branch visit.
Instructions to Find CIF number by Branch Visit:
Keeping in mind the end goal to find your CIF number with the assistance of branch visit then follow the steps mentioned beneath:
- The first thing is to visit your SBI home branch in your city.
- Tell the account official that you wish to know your CIF number for the account you wish to.
- You will then be requested your account number and after that will you be given your CIF number.
- Also, remember to carry your Address and identity proofs so that you can show it to the official on the off chance that he needs to confirm your identity.
What is the Full Form of CIF Number?
The Full Form of CIF Number is “Customer Information File”