SBI (State Bank of India) is one of the most well-known public banks in India. SBI is famous for the affordable and prompt service it provides to common people of India. SBI has made banking easier than ever by introducing its mobile services to the customers. Now you don’t have to travel miles in search of a bank if you’re from an area where there are not many banks around. Mobile banking allows you to make transactions and get other information regarding your account at your fingertips. Not just that, but you can get details of up to last five transactions. Mobile banking also gives you notifications and updates regarding new policies and offers by the bank regardless of where you are.
SBI Mobile Number Registration Procedure
To avail all these facilities, you first need to register your number in SBI. You don’t have to go to the bank and stand in the queue to get your registered number. You can get it even from home. To register your number, follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Type MBSREG in the text message and send the SMS to 9223440000.
By doing so, you will receive your user ID, default MPIN and a link using which you can download the SBI mobile application on your mobile
- Step 2: Download and install the state bank freedom app after you receive the link
If you want, you can get the app straight from mobile.onlineSBI.com, but even then you have to follow step one to get user ID and MPIN
- Step 3: Change the default MPIN given to you when you started using the app or sent the SMS
- Step 4: To finish the mobile registration process, follow any of the following methods –
Go to the nearest SBI branch and fill a form to get started with mobile banking right away
Login to Internet Banking Services to register your number online sitting at home or office. Next, select e-service option, then the state bank freedom and complete all the given steps. You’re done!
If you don’t like the above two ways, there’s also a third way to get the work done. Just swap your debit card at any state bank ATM. Select mobile registration option in the list. Then just enter your mobile number and confirm it.
But what if you want to change your registered mobile number? You can do that easily even without going to the bank or filling out a change request form. You can go to the bank to do so, but it will take at least 24 hours to change your number, so it’s better to take advantage of the internet banking facility provided by SBI.
Change Mobile Number in SBI Online Net Banking
Follow these steps to change your registered number:
- Step 1: Go to Online SBI Net Banking website.
- Step 2: Next, click on the ‘profile’ button. You will see options such as change password, manage beneficiary, personal details, etc. Click on ‘personal details’
- Step 3: Just enter your SBI profile password and click on submit
- Step 4: Next, click on ‘change mobile number-domestic only (Through OTP/ATM/Contact Centre)’
- Step 5: New option ‘Create New Request’ will appear on the screen. Just enter your new mobile number and retype it to confirm it
- Step 6: A popup message will appear asking you to confirm the number. Click on ‘ok.’
Methods to Confirm Mobile Number Change in Online SBI Account
- Get approved by OTP on old and new number both
- Get approved by contacting the bank
- Approval through ATM
Also, if you want to change your mobile number in SBI ATM, you can do so by following a few simple steps.
- Go to your profile, select change your mobile number and you will receive a 10-digit INB reference number on the new mobile number you provided earlier to verify it.
- After that, select ‘IRATA’ (Internet banking Request Approval Through ATM).
- Just go to any SBI ATM and select other services option provided and then ‘authorise.’
That’s all you have to do to register your mobile number in SBI or update your registered number. In case, you fail to do it or face any problem, you can contact SBI customer care, and they’ll help you with whatever they can. They address every issue and make sure to solve it.